Amanda from Believe in Recovery created this thirty day challenge about general recovery, and it looked like a nice little exercise so I’m going to give it a go. (If you’ve got a recovery blog, feel free to participate in this, too!)
30 Day Recovery Challenge- rules + questions
this is how it will work: once a day, please answer the question! if any are too personal or you are not comfortable answering, skip it! you can start or stop the challenge at anytime.
- Day 1- Write a letter to your addiction (‘drug of choice’) or your disorder.
- Day 2 - What have you done to help yourself with your addiction/disorder?
- Day 3 - List 3 things you like about yourself.
- Day 4 - Have you harmed anyone (besides yourself) with your addiction/disorder? If so, how? What have you done (or plan on) to make amends?
- Day 5 - How do you want to be remembered?
- Day 6 - Write a letter to someone who has harmed you or has made you feel bad.
- Day 7 - What are 2 things you want? What are 2 things you need?
- Day 8 - If you could go back in time (before your addiction/disorder) what would you tell yourself?
- Day 9 - Who do you look up to? Why?
- Day 10 - List 5 goals you have for yourself, short-term or long-term.
- Day 11 - What motivated you to enter recovery?
- Day 12 - What are 3 things you would like to change about yourself?
- Day 13 - Have your struggles made you a better person? How?
- Day 14 - Think about yourself one year ago, how have you changed?
- Day 15 - When you are triggered, what do you tell yourself to calm down?
- Day 16 - List 5 things you are grateful for.
- Day 17 - What in your life has improved since you entered recovery?
- Day 18 - Have you found a Higher Power? If so, what is it? Explain how it has helped you with your recovery.
- Day 19 - What is the hardest thing you had to give up because of your disorder/addiction?
- Day 20 - Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Day 21 - What was your ‘rock bottom’? How did you overcome it?
- Day 22 - Favorite quote(s) to live by?
- Day 23 - How would you deal if your (future?) child had your addiction/disorder? What would you say to them?
- Day 24 - Has having a blog helped or hurt your recovery? Why?
- Day 25 - What/who in your life makes you smile ear to ear? Why?
- Day 26 - What would you say to someone if they told you ‘I give up on my recovery. It’s too hard.’?
- Day 27 - Tell a story about yourself in the midst of your addiction/disorder.
- Day 28 - What do you feel is your greatest strength?
- Day 29 - What are some of your favorite recovery blogs?
- Day 30 - What is the best part about being in recovery?
Stay tuned for my answers; I’d love for you to share yours too!