The lovely and strong Nataly from Snippets and Glimpses nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award, much to my surprise! So here I am, returning the favor and earning my blogosphere good karma : )
So…how does this work?
Here are the rules on how to nominate and get awarded:
1. Thank the award giver and link back to them in your post
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading
4. Contact your bloggers to let them know about the award
- I’m a twin! I have a fraternal twin sister named Brea who is my best friend and biggest supporter.
- I’m obsessed with true crime, specifically serial killers. I love reading books about them and learning about their pathology. (And yes – I do watch Dexter. Duh! The best.)
- I’m worried that my kitten is growing less dependent on me. I really like having a little warm, furry creature to snuggle and take care of but now that she’s approaching a year old, it seems like she’s outgrowing her mama! Sadness :'(
- I was hospitalized for two months for my purging anorexia, spending a few weeks inpatient and the remaining time in a halfway house right outside the hospital’s campus. It was probably one of the most difficult yet important times of my life, and the women on my unit are some of the bravest and strongest people I’ve ever met. Being admitted to the hospital saved my life.
- I’m a Professional Writing Major in Vermont. I want to write children’s books someday, but realistically (and logistically) I want to be an editor or copy editor at a children’s book publishing house.
- I have a not-so-secret love for Lifetime Movie Network and certain reality television programs, i.e. Teen Mom 2, Wife Swap, Bridezillas, Four Weddings, Ramsey’s Kitchen Nightmares, Say Yes to the Dress, and Chopped. Basically any reality show that is not centered on celebrities or dating. My mom hates that I watch them because she thinks they just spread negativity. Whatevs, Mom – I love ’em, can’t quit ’em!
- I love to travel, and have been to France, Italy, Spain, Monaco, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia (twice!), and Canada. I want to travel more, especially within the US. I’m hoping to study abroad soon, or take some time to backpack around Europe. I truly believe that experiencing other cultures and seeing the world is the best way to know yourself, and expand your identity as a global citizen. I can’t wait to travel again – I got the bug, for sure!
I admit that I don’t follow enough WordPress blogs, so I hope it’s kosher that I included some Tumblr recovery blogs that I’ve been finding especially helpful. These aren’t in any particular order, mind you – they are all wonderful and inspiring in their own ways, and for that, I’m really grateful.
- Sophie at Daily Health Boost
- Recovery from Disordered Eating
- Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
- Effortlessly Perfect
- Rebekah at R is for Recovery
- Jocellyn at Peel
- A Recovered Life
- Kristina Lynn at Always a Wild Spirit
- Em at She Takes Flight
- ED Hope
- Trial and Error Through Recovery
- Nicole at Recover Me
- Kim at ARThlete
- Elixor of Recovery